Based on an inspection from September 24, 2008 conducted by New York State, Bainbridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center received an overall score of “much below average.” The inspection took into consideration health inspections, nursing home staffing and quality measures.
The Bronx facility was cited for the following:
1) Failing to hire individuals that DO NOT have a history of abusing, neglecting or mistreating residents;
2) Failing to report instances of abuse or neglect;
3) Failing to make results of surveys available to residents;
4) Failing to have a call system in place in each resident’s bathroom;
5) Failing to ensure that the nursing home was free of dangers that might cause accidents;
6) Failing to have secured handrails in the hallways; and
7) Failing to keep accurate medical records.
At Gallivan & Gallivan, we have seen first hand the damage that can result from the above failures. Without call systems in place for residents to use when they need assistance, without keeping the nursing home free from impediments and without having handrails in the hallways, the nursing home is inviting its residents to suffer falls.
In addition, we are constantly confronted with nursing home records that are inaccurate, incomplete, and/or blatantly falsified. At Gallivan & Gallivan, we aggressively pursue compensation for victims of nursing home neglect or abuse. Please contact us if you or a loved one has been a victim of neglect or abuse.